Headline

Featured

Football

Music

Magazine

Home » Featured, Football

Tuck terminated (well, his contract anyway)…

Submitted by on September 6, 2013 – 6:50 pmOne Comment
Nice Newtons...

Nice Newtons…

Witton Albion have terminated the contract of jailbird striker Shaun Tuck, after he made derogatory remarks on Facebook about FC United and mancunians in general.

Having already served time in jail for tweeting about bombing mosques and cutting muslim children’s heads off, while stating his support for the English Defence League and the BNP, Tuck breached his club’s ‘second chance’ agreement requiring him to stay off social media sites.

Here is what Tuck put on his Facebook status:

“Home from work, today was shite an site was a shithole!!! Nice relaxing night tonight then its a massive game tomorrow night against…. Hmmmm well lets just introduce them as a very little team from manchester. The threats have already started against me, an they will probably sing about my mum an dad too… They will want me to explode an they wont get what they want. As long as the wittoners sing my name then people who make love to there sisters in souped up corsa’s wont ever matter to me!! Since ive been released from jail they have been tweeting about me everyday hahahaha thats obviously in between breaks on the jeremy kyle show… Even the co-owner of there club has tweeted about me being a convicted racist????? When my conviction is under the communications act… So would that be defamation of character?? Going to see where i stand with legal action. About time people got a taste of there own medicine!!”

Here is a report from excellent sports editor Andrew Simpson of the Mid Cheshire Guardian:

WITTON were left with no alternative but to end Shaun Tuck’s spell with the club, according to chairman Mark Harris.

Albion announced on Friday evening that the striker’s contract, due to expire at the end of the current campaign, had been torn up following a meeting earlier the same day.

Only on Monday they had confirmed their intention to stand by last season’s leading scorer following his release from prison.

The 27-year-old admitted in July he had written malicious messages on Twitter, a social networking website, following the murder in London of British soldier Lee Rigby.

He was punished with a three-month jail term, serving half.

In a written statement issued the day before Witton’s away date with FC United of Manchester in the Evo-Stik Northern Premier League, he denied he is racist.

Less than two hours later, he included in a status update on his personal account on Facebook derogatory comments about the Rebels and their supporters.

It led to his exclusion by Albion boss Brian Pritchard from the squad to play the game.

Harris said: “Shaun saw fit to go again on social media on Monday night, something he had agreed not to do.

“As a result, we told him to stay away from Gigg Lane, where I apologised to FC United of Manchester officials on behalf of the club.”

Albion made public that apology in its statement tonight, Friday.

Harris told supporters at a forum on Wednesday that the club did not regret its original decision not to sack Tuck.

He added: “We gave somebody a second chance because we felt that was the right thing to do.

“If when you do, that individual throws it back in your face then there can only be one conclusion.”

One Comment »

Leave a comment!

You must be logged in to post a comment.